Public Health Restrictions:
Note: The restrictions do not apply to service visits for caregivers, health- or child-care providers, or co-parenting arrangements.
Summary of Restrictions for Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation Organizations/Programs:
1. Group physical activities, including team sports, fitness classes and training sessions, are prohibited or restricted across Alberta.
· Outdoor group physical activity, including team sports, must be limited to 10 people or fewer.
· members of different households must maintain 2 metre distancing at all times
· Indoor group physical activities are prohibited unless
· the group only involves members of the same household.
· the activity involves students at a school or post-secondary institution as part of an education program
· the activity involves students at a post-secondary institution
· One-to-one indoor training, such as training with a fitness trainer or coach, is not permitted.
2. Entertainment and Recreation Facilities must close, including:
· All entertainment businesses and entities must close, including:
· Casinos, bingo halls, gaming centres
· Racing centres, horse tracks, raceways
· Bowling alleys, pool halls
· Legions and private clubs (nightclubs must remain closed)
· Art galleries, libraries and museums
· Science and interpretive centres
· Amusement and water parks
· Children’s play centres and indoor playgrounds
· Theatres, auditoria and concert halls
· Banquet halls, conference centres and trade shows
· All indoor recreation facilities must close, including:
· Gyms and studios
· Fitness and recreation centres
· Spas, pools, indoor rinks and arenas
· Day and overnight camps
· Community halls and centres
· Outdoor settings
· Rehearsals and practices are permitted up to a maximum of 10 participants. Physical distancing and other relevant guidelines must be followed.
· Performances with audiences are not permitted.
· Indoor settings
· No group performances in indoor settings are permitted.
· Rehearsals, practices and lessons involving 2 or more are not permitted.
· 1-to-1 in-person lessons are permitted.
· Virtual lessons are strongly encouraged where possible.
Your SAHCA Board